Go to Brad De
Long's Home Page
Teaching | Writing
| Career | Politics
Reviews | Information
Economy | Economists
| Multimedia | Students
Print | Other
is always very welcome...
What I Did in Washington
- I worked for Alicia Munnell--the Assistant Secretary of the
Treasury for Economic Policy--as a Deputy Assistant Secretary
of the Treasury for Economic Policy. She worked originally for
(Secretary) Lloyd Bentsen and (Deputy Secretary) Roger Altman,
and then Roger Altman was replaced by Frank Newman, and then
Lloyd Bentsen was replaced by Robert Rubin.
- There are roughly 50 DASes running around the Treasury Department.
I worked on:
- budget and deficit reduction issues
- Federal Reserve Board personnel selection
- the macroeconomic and business cycle outlook
- employment policy in international comparative perspective
- health care reform
- welfare reform
- urban policy
- and a host of other issues; if it was federal government
business, if it raised or spent money, and if it wasn't a tax
policy or a law enforcement policy or a financial regulation
policy issue, I did it...
My Farewell to Treasury
speech--for I had grown to love the place beyond reasonable measure.
of Economics J. Bradford DeLong, 601 Evans Hall, #3880
University of California at Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-3880
(510) 643-4027 phone (510) 642-6615 fax
This document: http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/Career/whatIdidinwashington.html